January Salon with Mariella Luz
A beautiful group of artists and storytellers gathered for our inaugural Creativity Salon and there was some MAGIC in the air!
Thank you Mariella for sharing some of your story, your artistry and advocacy, and for these nuggets of wisdom and so many more - it's never too late in life to start a new creative practice! And keep failing forward and following the joy in creating.
Save the Creativity Salon series dates in your 2024 calendar - 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. second Tuesdays monthly (Jan-April, June, Sept-Dec) at "TLC" The Liberation Collective!
Come learn from and with other artists. Work on a creative project, build skills in your chosen artistic practice, and gain insight from peers during your process. We’ll ground ourselves in six fundamental questions of artistic expression:
- EVIDENCE - What do you know and how do you know it?
- PERSPECTIVE – Whose viewpoint is being presented or represented?
- CONNECTIONS – How does this connect to anything else?
- SUPPOSITION – What if things were different?
- RELEVANCE – Why is this important?
- TRANSITION – What’s next?
We'll be at YWCA Friendship Hall, 220 Union Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501, the building next door to the YW stewarded by TLC. The series is free and by donation, because we believe access to arts and humanities programming is a human right.