Window Seat Media is a collaborative of multimedia storytellers who work with organizations in the South Puget Sound region to amplify the voices of those who are underrepresented in our American narrative(s). We do this because we believe we write our future with the stories we narrate, and we are committed to co-creating an inclusive, connected, and just world.
Our Values + Practice
We are guided by a commitment to continually refine our practice, to listen deeply, and to find relevant, innovative, and evocative ways to share stories. We are a nimble organization that thrives on synergy, abundance thinking, and experimentation. We value relationships (human and place-based), multi-disciplinary collaboration, multi-vocality, equity, transparency, and trust. We aspire to gather and share nuanced, layered stories with artistic and ethical integrity. We are grounded in a story gathering and story sharing practice that:
- Shares skills to help others to tell their own stories
- Asks with respectful curiosity and listens to understand
- Acknowledges our inherent subjectivity while practicing neutrality
- Owns our power as sharers of others' stories and produces stories with ethical and artistic integrity
- Recognizes the vulnerability of sharing stories and cultivates agency, safety and trust
- Uses story to address community needs and values and express cultural practices
Our work grows from a confluence of four fields - folklore, documentary studies, conflict resolution, and organizational/leadership development.